Wireless microphone options for visitor attraction

Dicky

Presenter could walk from room to room with a CD remote in their pocket and trigger the track(s) for each room quite simply. Buy a number of matched CD players with remotes ( Richer Sounds?) and record a disc for each room. Maybe get the guide to record their own tracks on "their" track numbers, so that they get their voice.

Thinking about it the other way around, why not switch the audio in the room to match the mic pack, rather than switching the mic pack to match the room frequency?

I like this idea, some really good thoughts as well from others. Luckily I have a bit of time to work this out, so will keep this in mind.

Ideally I'd like this to be foolproof, and not having to rely on buttons being pushed, as the whole attraction runs without any of this at the moment, and the host does have quite a lot to do already.

I'm getting a set of the infra-red mic/reciever packs sent through to do a test, as this does look like the best option for me at the moment.

To The Kid, Ideally we wouldn't have to mic up the host, but there will be a lot of BGM and sound effects running all the way through it, and until we hear it up and running at show level it's hard to know. One solution is to to employ hosts who are good at projecting!

Really pleased with the thoughtful comments and suggestions I got from users on this, so many thanks to all of you who contributed.

Dicky

Ultimately the talent HAS to put more into the microphone than the crowd and fx sound or you will have to resort to pre-recorded commentary otherwise the fx will feed back before the speech is audible.

Absolutely!

Archived