LED PAR Cans

John In Brum

Hi

I have been asked to get four PAR led cans to work.

They are marked "FYI-C04" and that is all I can find.

We have a desk to drive these, but the DMX cables have vanished!!

No one seems to know anything else, and I am doing this in Spain.... So no simple way to get help!

Is it possible to just get them to light up (White or Warm White), without the DMX controller?

Idiot instructions please, as I am a sound man!

Fingers crossed... Show on Saturday! :(

You usually can get them to light up without DMX, but the means to do this varies... do they have dip switches or a display and pushbuttons?

Alternatively if you are a sound man you should have some xlr mic cables, just use these to connect the pars to the controller.

Any chance of a photo of the back of one of them? That model number doesn't really help but as so many of those cans are the same but with different badges on them, chances are someone here will recognise it. (You can't upload photos directly to this forum - most people use photobucket or similar and link to them there.)

Just run them as dimmers like they be 4/5/6/7 channels and address at say 1,16,32,64, tthey will be Dimmer/Red/Green/Blue or Red/Green/Blue/Dimmer and maybe a few more channels for auto or strobe.

Just run them as dimmers like they be 4/5/6/7 channels and address at say 1,16,32,64, tthey will be Dimmer/Red/Green/Blue or Red/Green/Blue/Dimmer and maybe a few more channels for auto or strobe.

how would you suggest he does that without cables? Did you even bother to read the post?

how would you suggest he does that without cables? Did you even bother to read the post?

I suspect the bit about "Surely you can find some mic cables as a stop-gap" was a helper there... :D

You could contact the company and ask them to send you a manual. If it is this model FYI-C004 it has four push buttons on the rear below the led display. These are usually marked Menu Enter Up Down. Because there are only four digits in the display, the menu items are abbreviated, A001 may be maximum DMX control channels mode address setting, d001 may be abbreviated DMX control channels mode address setting, CC50 may be "snappy" colour change mode, EE00 may be smooth colour fade change mode, sound activation may be SouF, the manual colour setting modes you usually start with the first letter of the colour.

Press mode to step through the mode options until you get to the colour you want, press enter, use the Up or Down to set the level of the colour.

To set several colours repeat the colour setting steps, the unit will keep all of the settings.

With some led par's these saved settings are the default power on settings and are overridden when DMX is present. With others you have to clear these internal settings before you can get DMX control. These are a lot of different ways to control led par's. Just have a play, but keep track of what you have done so you can change it.

I suspect the bit about "Surely you can find some mic cables as a stop-gap" was a helper there... :D

Indeed, and the OP did ask for help in getting them to work stand alone

Archived