Foyer digital advertising

A few weeks ago we installed a TV in our foyer for the purpose of advertising. It works well. Artwork is supplied as .JPG and put onto a memory stick. We purchased a standalone device for under 20 pounds which inputs onto the TV HDMI input. As the TV likes to use HDMI as its default, when the TV is turned on the slideshow running from the USB starts instantly. Seems easy so far. We have not considered asking if anybody wants to advertise on it, our footfall is likely nowhere near enough. I would like to see us use a wall mounted digital outdoor display (we dont have many windows) too, but these are serious money.

During the show, some of the screens inside the building switch over to show relay (we use a switch under DMX control so the lighting desk controls when the switchover occurs) so that FOH staff can see what's going on on stage and they switch back to rolling adverts during the interval and after the show.

I would love to know what sort of product this is, does anyone have a link to this ?

Hi

I have used this software for gallery synced installations but it would be perfect for FOH presentations. The files can be edited via a web browser once you have a connection.

Each unit would need to have a raspberry pi linked to the internet.

You then register the pi via a serial code beamed to the TV/screen.

Upload the content to his cloud and make a skin file to beam to the screen. After 3 mins of "syncing", the content is running on your screen. No need to do anything else from this point.

You can customise the look, layout a video over 20 screens and watch as one screen, put in schedulers etc.

I used this software for a gallery install and had no problems. Simple to understand and very easy to use. The developer, Florian, is on the ball with responses and I would describe myself as a very happy customer.

There is cost involved but cheap and negotiable too. I think the first pi is free etc. Clearly explained on the site.

www.info-beamer.com

Local requirements:

1no. Rasp Pi

1no. Mini SD card with os from info beamer

1no. Ethernet cable/

1no. Network switch

I am not sure if wifi works here. I only needed a hardwired solution.

Definitely worth a shout when you need 5 screens synced with different content and a low budget...

Might be overkill if you can just run powerpoint though.

Worth a look nonetheless.

Eamon

If you just want the same display on several screens, an HDMI modulator will take an HDMI signal and turn it into a digital signal that a domestic tv will tune into (fed by cable) so you can simply daisy chain the cable around. Afaik you can add several modulators to the same cable as each becomes a "channel" A simple hdmi switch could sort a camera/ media player We use sumvision media players from Amazon £25

Archived