LD systems 1.8GHz radio mics

revbobuk

I'm talking about these ones. The Thomann page indicates that they are OK for use in the UK - but 1.8GHz isn't a band I was aware of. Where would these systems stand in the UK? Are they legit? Are they licence-free? If they are, it would seem that they are less likely to interact with WiFi than the 2.4GHz systems?

Has anyone actually used them?

I'm talking about these ones. The Thomann page indicates that they are OK for use in the UK - but 1.8GHz isn't a band I was aware of. Where would these systems stand in the UK? Are they legit? Are they licence-free? If they are, it would seem that they are less likely to interact with WiFi than the 2.4GHz systems?

Has anyone actually used them?

I've not used them but this has come up before and there was much confusion.

They require a fixed co-ordinated license from Arqiva (what was wrong with the name JFMG anyway). They may tell you that only 'digital' systems are allowed in this band but according to:

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=60500

Arqiva are wrong on this according to ofcom guidance issued when someone from Sennheiser complained to them.

Archived