haze machines

vera j

Just because something is manufactured by the same company, it does not make it the same product!

Philips make profiles but they also make my shaver...

And Yamaha make mixing consoles but they also make motorbikes and outboard motors! They're quite obviously different though! I don't see the point of your post. The OP isn't suggesting that two obviously different devices were the same, he's saying that the look solutions and hazebase devices (which look identical and do the same job (unlike a shaver and a profile, believe it or not)) are made by the same people.

I don't know which one you're looking up but my haze base hazer looks nothing like a unique 2!!!

Smoke factory captain d http://www.smoke-factory.de/eng/captain-d.html

Look solutions Unique viper nt http://looksolutionsusa.com/products/machines/viper-nt/

Lots of rebadging oem manufacturing going on between these companies, despite the look of the units how do you know they are not re-boxed versions of the same internals? Hint, they are very similar in terms of display and user interface, output, power consumption, haze fluid.... Need I go on?

Indeed, both share the pretty awful membrane switch control panel with markings that don't resemble anything sensible. The Hazebase base classic looks to be incredibly similar to the 2 James lists above.

Identical was maybe a strong word to use, but they're pretty darn near!

Indeed, both share the pretty awful membrane switch control panel with markings that don't resemble anything sensible. The Hazebase base classic looks to be incredibly similar to the 2 James lists above.

Identical was maybe a strong word to use, but they're pretty darn near!

Ah OK I was referring to the hazebase pro which is the one I have and have mostly seen other people with. Little 3U rack thing.

That said, something being in the same box isn't necessarily a sign it's the same internals. I know a guy who was making amps in a reasonably small quantity and buying the casing, fans, power supply etc from MC2. So lots of people conspired that he wasn't building amps at all and just producing rebadged MC2 amps, but was in fact putting completely new electronics in and just using an existing chassis as it was easier and cheaper than producing his own. I'm not saying it's the case here, but do be careful about assuming that because something is in the same looking box, it's the same product. There are also many examples where companies re-badge mostly the same product, but some components are higher or lower grade etc.

As for markings which don't resemble anything sensible - generally the up button increases the value, and the down button decreases it. http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif hope this helps you, because I couldn't help myself.

My 2p.

The Look Solutions Unique 2 & Haze Base Pro are indeed essentially the same machine internally despite the packaging being completely different. They are up there with the best glycol based machines I've used. I like the Le Maitre MVS as well but the menu system on it has to be the most non-intuitive thing I've ever used.

For oil based no one seems to have mentioned the Cirro Strata CS6, it's an oil cracker but the compressor is detachable and you can extend with air hoses so you can have the output end at stage and the compressor stashed away somewhere to keep noise down. Does equally as well as other crackers mentioned such as the ubiquitous DF-50.

Archived