Flesh coloured radio mic belt

d_korman

Does anyone know where I could hire 3 flesh coloured radio mic belts for the last week in April (27th-3rd May). We're doing Witches of Eastwick and the three female leads are not wearing very much at times! We don't really want to have to buy them at £20 each. There is the possibility of using the belt clips on the packs to fit them at the back under their bras, but at the moment it's not entirely clear that they'll (all) be wearing them, and even if they are, the packs are black and will show too much.

Thanks.

Unbleached linen is very cheap and it is easily made into custom pouches. It is close enough to average skin to use "as is" Bias binding to make the ties is slightly more expensive, but the total is around 50p per pack. I made a cardboard template and it takes me about half an hour to run up 10. If the pack shows though then put one inside another.

Brian

As Brian says make your own. If you hire them the hire company will charge the full retail price for hiring them for the week unless they are hired as part of a radio mic package. CPC sell blue ones for less than a tenner - you could dye those possibly.

+1 for making your own.

With a bit of sweet talking and maybe a bottle of wine, you can almost always persuade the wardrobe people to make things like this for you--then you have them for ever for almost no cost--the worst would be having to buy a yard or two of material, some elastic and some velcro for them.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I have some proper elastic flesh coloured ones here you are welcome to use foc

graeme

Thanks - costume dept have agreed to make them and I've given them a proper black one to copy, but if they have problems I might get back to you.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Archived