Stage Weights

SBLD

Dear geeks.

I am trying to find some stage weights to hire in Sydney, but have the unfortunate affliction of being British. It would appear that either they are not

a common piece of equipment in Australia or are just called something else? Is there a decent set and staging company out there who I should

talk to? Feel free to completely ignore this if you are in fact not Australian. Thanks

Yeh these My link

They tend to be a different shape than the ones we're used to, rather than being square they use ones that are stretched out.

So, ring them up and ask for a long weight and you'll be fine.

They're usually listed next to the long stands.

Don't screws tighten anticlockwise below the equator? So a left handed screwdriver would be standard...

Couldn't you use a proper screwdriver, but find a way of remembering to always turn it the wrong way? It is actually a curious feature of the Coriolis effect that you do not have to start screwing until you have crossed the Tropic line.

But in all seriousness, if you are coming 'down-under', make sure you get some training on the use of sunscreen.

I understand that much of the UK constituency are unfamiliar with the concept of 'sun' but we have quite a lot of it, everyday, all year round. :bleh:

The drawback is that if UK skin is exposed to it, strange things happen and a chalk white person can turn lobster red in a couple of hours.

Regular and ample application of a suitable sunscreen will give some protection.

B-)

Stage Weights, Counterweights, any supplier should know what they are. Used to work for ResX and yes they have them and theyre pretty close to what you linked.

They tend to be a different shape than the ones we're used to, rather than being square they use ones that are stretched out.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246);">

So, ring them up and ask for a long weight and you'll be fine.

Jokes aside, the ones that are common in Australia aren't square, theyre about 15cm wide and 35cm long with the notches in the short sides, I think theyre made by JANDS, but I cant confirm that. They are the standard 12.5kg weights though.

Most Marquee companies have plastic coated concrete tent ballasts nowadays, sadly. Saves them pinching the theatre ones at least.

Archived