Peavey Subs Output

posty07

What the amp says it produces doent mean that's what you will get out of it. Depends on the ohms of the speakers being used. And yes you need a separate x over to split the high and low signals. Problem you have is your top cab has a better driver than your sub.

The OPs subs are 8 ohms and tops 4 ohms.

You seem to have a quite collection of kit.

To get the best out of it I'd follow your earlier suggestion and buy some better 8 ohm subs (yours are still a somewhat underpowered for the tops) and run them off one of the amps in bridged mode, two subs wired in parallel would give a 4 ohm load for max efficiency. You could try it without a crossover but you'd need one to get the best out of the rig.

Ok, so new subs it is :) so, correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be ok getting the 4 ohm subs and run them off a separate amp and keep them stereo instead of mono?

Yes the collection of kit has built up over the years and all bought at different times, at which I didn't have much idea of what setups would work correctly, and it shows :')

The subs dont need to be stereo but the tops are best in stereo. 4 ohm sub's will draw more power from the amp but more important you want an amp that puts at least the RMS continuous power into the sub's at 4 ohms.up to 1 1/2 times with caution and high pass filter to help protect the drivers.some amps have them built in, some covers have them built in. Usually 40 or. 50 hz

Archived