Anyone know the Globe in Cardiff?

BigYinUK

cant recall whats in house,however be warned its a pig of a load in,especially with a large van but the house crew are pretty good getting your kit up the stairs without too much damage,postage stamp sized stage and an even smaller dressing room,,the sarnie shop next door is excellent, o and dont forget to book what time youd like the fighting to start

Don't know, it has changed several times. Best call up.

Ignore the fighting remark, it's been good whenever I've been down. The stage is small but not pub-style minuscule and those stairs are indeed a swine. Good people there, some very good eateries around and the Claude is a long established drunken den of sin and iniquity catering for the sports college at Cyncoed.

You should know Jan Ayers in your neck of the woods and she has booked plenty in there I believe.

We're booked to play there next month.

I've been trying to contact the venue wrt who to send our tech rider to etc but its always useful to know in advance what kit is there.

In the worst case scenario we'll take my PA but given the comment on those stairs, I really don't fancy lugging my 2 x 15 RCF subs and my mega-heavy amp racks up tight stairs :(

Will keep trying to contact the promoter there.

Regards all

• 3 years later...

Hi Folks, this post is a bit old i.e. 2014 however I was wondering if anyone does have an up to date 'Tech Spec' for this venue please.

I have contacted the management group however they will not send it out until closer to the gig. I am lampy for a band visiting there soon and would like to do some homework. Thanks in advance !!!!

When is your gig? Did they say why they wouldn't send it to you now?

It may be worth trying to get the spec via your tour manager if you have one!

I've not had a problem with venues sending specs out straight away since it's usually a document they already have and will send out regularly.

The gig is not until Jan next year however I am a bit of a beginner with a new desk and wanted to get a good head start.

When is your gig? Did they say why they wouldn't send it to you now?

It may be worth trying to get the spec via your tour manager if you have one!

I've not had a problem with venues sending specs out straight away since it's usually a document they already have and will send out regularly.

Archived