Behringer Ultracurve Pro Deq2496

Pjhill

Hi Guys,

This is my first post in the forum. Hope someone will be able to help.

We currently have a Behringer Ultracurve Pro Deq2496 which has got a intermittent fault on. Which we are unable to get fixed. I was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest a replacement item?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Peter,

Welcome to the Blue Room!

The 2496 is quite a good device, and there isn't too much around that replicates its functions at the same price. Have you considered buying another one?

Simon Lewis

I was thinking about getting another one because I could not see much else about.

Also how old is it and where did you buy from. One of the wonders of Thomann in Germany is there is a three year return to base warrenty. I have used that a few times with no problems at all. It certainly makes me buy from them again!

The Stamp date on it is 03/03 and we have had it for about 10 years so its done really well. Think we will put in for another on of the 2496.

You don't say what the intermittent fault is on it but I believe it has an internal battery which may need replacing just a thought.

The fault that we are having with it is, We get interference through it even when the desk is turned off and there is now input to the desk.

it doesn't help in this case but for new purchases my understanding is that behri now have 3 year warrenty cover on ALL their products regardless of where you purchased so long as you invoke the warrenty in the region you bought the product from. i.e. you could buy anywhere in the uk and go straight to behri in the uk but you couldn't take a product purchased in the USA to them, it would have to go back to behri in the USA

As your in Devon I woudl suggest a quick visit to Orchid Electronics( Mixermend on this forum) would be a good call befor throwing it in the bin

Thanks for that I will contact them and see what they say.

it doesn't help in this case but for new purchases my understanding is that behri now have 3 year warrenty cover on ALL their products regardless of where you purchased so long as you invoke the warrenty in the region you bought the product from. i.e. you could buy anywhere in the uk and go straight to behri in the uk but you couldn't take a product purchased in the USA to them, it would have to go back to behri in the USA

That's good to know. A lot of people say not to touch Behri equipment but I've got a couple bits and they have been good pieces of kit.

If it's done 10 years, I think it has done very well, with a very low cost per month for its life - if you get another one and it does 10 years service before failing, then you'll be good! Maybe buy a new one in now, and then send your faulty one in for a repair, if it comes back good, then you have a spare one.

Archived