Help! Strand Optique Profile parts

Richard Wood

The focus and tilt lock knobs are easy enough to replace. A quick look through the RS catalogue (or similar)should provide some inspiration. From memory the tilt lock is an M10 thread and the focus is M6.

The glassware will be more difficult. If you can identify the lens spec it'd probably be worth talking to somebody like British Optical, who used to make a good chunk of the lenses for Strand.

HTH

These are the knobs which I think will do the job.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/knobs/6319091/

I have contacted Jim Laws but not yet had a reply.

I am really concerned that the lenses are going to cost me the earth! By adding reflectors these lanterns will be like new but that will also be a long shot.

I was hoping (and I still am) that somebody would say 'oh, Ive got 8 spare you can have... for free'. Here's hoping.

I thank you for your comments thus far.

I was hoping (and I still am) that somebody would say 'oh, Ive got 8 spare you can have... for free'. Here's hoping.

Keep hoping! We've had to replace the condensor optics in some of our 1200W ADB profiles before. I believe the aspheric lens that sits closest to the lamp cost somewhere around £80.Edmund Optics may be able to help you out as they have some aspheric condensors for about £50. Not sure they'll cope with the heat, but you could always ask...

• 2 weeks later...
The part no for the Optique Condensor lens is 60/B084, in case anyone has one on the shelf. I don't believe there were any other Strand condensor lanterns. You might try Robert Juliat or LDR as they do condensor profile lanterns.

Archived