3 inputs into a 2 input vision mixer

win101

I am attempting to create a projection system with 2 cameras and a pc input via s-video. I can adapt all of the video to bnc which is what my vision mixer takes. however I only have a 2 input vision mixer. Any suggestions for an easy and VERY CHEAP way to do this. It is for a charity battle of the bands so I have a budget of zero.

Just have one of these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...rldID=&doy=22m3

on one of the mixer inputs, and use that to switch between two sources on that channel, you won't be able to do a fade between the two sources on the switch, but you'll be able to goto the third, change the switch, and then fade back.

You might also need to give the mixer a second or so while it picks up the change in sync signal. I think...

Or have two of the above mentioned items, and split the video signal into both of them, and have the outputs of both switchers into the vision mixer. I have used this many times and it works well, but if you are doing frantic cutting, like every two seconds, it can get a little confusing which input is active on which switcher... you get the idea.

David

Archived