Best powered system - budget no object

dco_uk

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 to Peter's suggestion from our French friends.

Also coming from the d&b camp, the sound of most powered speakers gives my ears indigestion. There are too many nasty sounding powered boxes out there, compounded by the fact that most are priced to appeal to those that often don't know how to use them.

However there are a few excellent brands, Meyer & L'acoustics being the clear leaders.

The other point worthy of mention, is an investment in L'Acoustics product will, similar to d&b, command a resale value in say 3-5 years way above book value. That wouldn't be the case with MI grade cabs.

Im not saying they want to spend $$$ but they are willing to for the right system

When we do their events, we supply d&b q7 and q sub, so they are used to nice systems.

Just checking what's encouraging them down the active route (though it's the one I use).

If they're comfortable with Q7 & Q Sub, then what's stopping them for buying that - or is that too much £££££?

a KV2 Audio system

the EX series is active

but also look at the ES series, its a halfway between an internal active vs power amp passive. One external control module makes the boxes lighter and the amp will not be as comprised as one shoe horned into a speaker. very much set and forget.

Have a look at the Yamaha DSR series, they dont deserve to be as good as they are for the money they cost! You will have to listen to them to believe how warm and powerful these units are for the money. Dont be put off by the fact you can get a full FOH rig for under £3k

Have a look at the Yamaha DSR series, they dont deserve to be as good as they are for the money they cost! You will have to listen to them to believe how warm and powerful these units are for the money. Dont be put off by the fact you can get a full FOH rig for under £3k

+1 for Yamaha DSR, they were 'best of test' when I listened to 10-12 12 + horn actives (on the quest for new tops), until I heard QSC K12, the opportunity to buy an ex demo pair of K12s for £1200 sealed the deal for me. The DSRs are very flattering sounding and very loud indeed.

Archived