My Weller TCP soldering iron

boatman

All means of model number or manufacturer identification have long since disappeared but it looks like this:

http://mydesk.myzen.co.uk/_Useful/SolderingIron.jpg

The neon in the mains switch still lights up, but I haven't put a meter on the terminals yet to see if the AC is there. I suspect it's probably either the cable or the element. I'll investigate further tomorrow.

The base unit is a PU-2D; the iron a TCP-2.

The cable on those frequently breaks either just as it enters the hellerman sleeve at the base cable clamp or just as it goes into the iron handle.

The temperature regulation is with a currie effect switch at the base of the heating element.

The base unit is a PU-2D; the iron a TCP-2.

The cable on those frequently breaks either just as it enters the hellerman sleeve at the base cable clamp or just as it goes into the iron handle.

The temperature regulation is with a currie effect switch at the base of the heating element.

Thanks Brian. I'll check the PSU output tomorrow (I think it's something like 15VAC) and the cable. It's probably fixable.

Archived