bose 802

pipeline1

hi I need help with my bose 802 mk2 cabs I need to replace the 2 internal capacitors can anyone tell me were the best place to obtain replacments,and I need new coloured wire replaced which is hard wire,can someone help me what size wire I would need and if possible weres the best place to buy it from.....many thanks any help

RS, Farnell / CPC will be able to supply the capacitors - buy good quality 250V film capacitors. As for the cable - bose use a wire wrap termination method, hence the single core sold wire used for internal wiring. Bin thi ( impossible to do without the correct tool)s and use 1mm sq. stranded cable and simply solder onto the driver pins. If you are not confident with a soldering iron, dont use the driver terminals to practice on as they are set in plastic, which will eventually melt - but anybody moderately skilled will have no issues making a good joint.

hi thanks for the help can you still buy the wire cable that bose use in there speakers as ill just solder the hard wire to the crossover bourd.all I wanted to now is can I buy the same wire that bose used in there cabinets........many thanks

why would you want to work with the same wire? A stranded wire will operate in exactly the same way and will prove less likely to break. Off course if you want to persist, the above suppliers will supply single strand cable, but honestly I wouldn't go down that route - everyone else uses stranded cable for a reason...

hi thanks for the help can you still buy the wire cable that bose use in there speakers as ill just solder the hard wire to the crossover bourd.all I wanted to now is can I buy the same wire that bose used in there cabinets........many thanks

You can contact Bose UK here. You could also take the sensible advice offered above and use a piece of stranded cable. You won't hear any difference, and there's no "magic" in the Bose cable...!

hi im new to forum just need some more help ive searched the internet for the 2 capacitors needed for bose 802 mk2 cabinet,5uf 100vdc and 20uf 75vdc but cant seem to find any that match the ones I need.can any one please help me find the capacitors I would need..........any help please

hi ive just ordered some capacitors for my bose 802 speakers and would just like some help. they are metallized polypropylene capacitors and are 20uf 5% 400vdc.

all I wanted to now is does the 400vdc matter will they still work ok or should I get the 250vdc caps.any help please

400VDC is an upper limit for the capacitor, so you can use a 400VDC cap in place of a 250VDC cap, but not the other way round!

Like the man says - the only consideration in using different type or voltage caps tends to be one of size and lead orientation - you shouldn't have too much trouble making them fit.

Moderation: PLEASE - this is the third topic you have started on the same subject. I have merged it again with the original. There is no need to do this - just add later events or solutions to the original - keeping everything in one place really helps. Paul Mods

Archived