Behringer X1204USB audio out levels

IA76

I just found this on the Behringer site but I'm not sure if it's relevant?

TopicHow do I set up my USB compatible XENYX series mixer to record with computer software such as Audacity?SolutionConnect the USB connection from the mixer to your computer.

You will need to select the 2TR/USB to CTRL ROOM button so that the computer output will be routed away from the main mix to the CTRL ROOM output. Do not press the 2TR/USB to MAIN button. You will want to connect the control room outputs to your power amp or powered speakers and control your monitoring level via the CTRL ROOM knob. You will be able to monitor through the speakers or the headphones.

I just found this on the Behringer site but I'm not sure if it's relevant?

TopicHow do I set up my USB compatible XENYX series mixer to record with computer software such as Audacity?SolutionConnect the USB connection from the mixer to your computer.

You will need to select the 2TR/USB to CTRL ROOM button so that the computer output will be routed away from the main mix to the CTRL ROOM output. Do not press the 2TR/USB to MAIN button. You will want to connect the control room outputs to your power amp or powered speakers and control your monitoring level via the CTRL ROOM knob. You will be able to monitor through the speakers or the headphones.

This routing is for the OUTPUT of the computer coming back into the desk. You need to do this to prevent a loopback occurring if the computer echoes its line in signal back to the desk.

The others are correct, the level is set by the master faders. It's basically just the 2tr/tape in/out sockets done over USB.

You could run the speakers from the control room output, but I suspect that'll just give you a new set of problems. Not being able to solo is one of them.

Some recording software has gain on the inputs - if yours has, then check this is not turned down.

Other than that, the best solution has already been given - Turn the amp down.

Archived