Help needed on DMX port MK2

dmxlights

Hi,

I have got this from an old theatre / hall that was closed down and I also got one of the bay.

It was made by Andera Entertament Technology and it is a DMXport

It has a main box has 2 inputs A and B, that takes the DMX from the lighting desk and sends it down cat5 to wall boxes. it has 2 lines line A and line B in the wall boxes you can make both outputs in line A.

I have read somewhere on the net that I can I can set the main box to combine the 2 inputs in to one but can't fine it anywhere on the net how to do it or any info this unit.

I would be very greatful if any one can help me on this.

There is some jumper in the main box but I do know what they are for as I use it for running DMX to the stage for out door events and some school halls.

Tony

I have taken a photo of the main box and the wall box of the DMX port to see if it will help any of you on info on these.

Main Box cover.

http://mcgcs.net/mainbox.jpg

Wall Box

http://mcgcs.net/wallbox.jpg

I seem to have a problem posting pics when I have them in a sub folder called "DMX" in lowercase as the spellchecker on here keep converting it to uppercase

Givenn there is a Kave sticker on them, I'd give kave a call and see if they have any info. Failing that, David Vallance Technical Services claim to have repaired them. Andera closed their doors a few years back.

Hi DBuckley,

I have been on to Kave via e-mail and phone a few months back and heard nothing back from them and I have also sent them another e-mail to day to see if I can get any info on them. I will also give David Vallance a call or email today at some point.

Thank you.

Hi DBuckley,

I have been on to Kave via e-mail and phone a few months back and heard nothing back from them and I have also sent them another e-mail to day to see if I can get any info on them. I will also give David Vallance a call or email today at some point.

Thank you.

Yes, I have repaired some of them although I think it was limited to DC-DC converters and DMX transceivers (it's been a while). I don't believe there is any way to do a DMX merge on them (which is essentially what you are asking, I think). Andera made a separate box which would do the merge, and communicate on the same bus. I think the purpose of the dual interconnections was to provide some sort of failover mechanism; in the absence of DMX on one port it would switch over to the other but without re-reading the data I can't remember! The contact details for support I have in my file are Howard Eaton in Lewes. I have, however, got the help files here and if you drop me a line I'll send you what info I have.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your quick reply and also your reply to my e-mail. I have made use of them. it would of been nice if it could combine the DMX as well. I can't relay complain as I was give one main box and 3 wall boxes and got another lot (1 main box and 4 wall boxes) of the bay for about £10, I know I paid 25 Euros in total.

Thank you again Dave for all your help.

Archived