Cyc Floods

HilcrRWise

I am looking for some recomendations for what would be best to use to light a 6m wide x 3.5m high Cyc cloth (preferably LED) and how many are likely to be needed to give a full even coverage. Also are there any manufacturers/models I should stay away from?

I have 8 ETC Paletta 1 LED floods lighting my cyc, which is around 8 metres wide, 5 metres deep. After a lot of experimenting with the various lenses that you can get for the Palettas (a choice of 8 as I recall) which ETC sent me a couple of each to play with, we did get a good coverage of the cyc (with the addition of a piece of light frost as well).

As for control, the dimming curve on these is excellent, so I am more than pleased with them.

We don't get a full height coverage (and I'd guess that few fixtures would (our old bank of Codas never did) but I'd say we're well past halfway down the cloth with an even cover.

Not the cheapest option, but certainly one I would recommend.

The altmans are very good though. Nice even coverage and good colour selection. I've demo'd the PLCYC 2's and wasn't impressed with them due to the design of the reflector there was loads of spill in the wings I preferred the PLCYC 1's but they won't do a big cyc.

Archived