Has anyone heard of these guys or know whats happened to them;

Impact Pete

resonanteav.co.uk, has anyone heard of them know them or know whats happened to them? They bought some kit off me sat and by monday all the phones listed on website and via google are either dead, disconnected or just constantly ring.

Surely if you have gone bust you don't buy sat and dissapear by monday morning?

Any help would be good, I have names but won't place them on here as its not fair as I don't know the full story yet....

Their pages give 'directors' names and searching the first brings back his facebook page. One of his friends is another director, and one of his posts from April says

If anyone is aware that I personally or Resonant has any outstanding invoices with them please let me know! Am clearing things up...

Doesn't look too good.

Ed Metcalf also seems to run another business with the same phone number. website

and also this one which also has the same phone number website

All the websites seem to be designed by the same person and have no functionality.

thanks guys you have found out more than me, I did the facebook search on the directors but didnt find them so you must have a better eye than me :) looks like I will stop chasing, been a pain more than anything top director is the issue, why buy kit when you know your know you cant pay for it?

I am a bit confused. Do you still have the kit but payment was not made or has a cheque bounced and your kit long gone?

Hi my question was does anyone know what happened to them as they are uncontactable, my private business dealings whatever they may be are not in question, I was using the knowledge on this forum to see what has happened to them :)

They do appear to be a bunch of young people who are DJ oriented, and their business appears to be a bedroom business with no real history. They describe themselves as directors, yet the business is not a limited company, and not VAT registered. The fact they appear to operate under different names suggests they're not really in business at all, and are perhaps uni students? The website address is a block of flats.

If they got the kit and didn't pay, then as individuals your only practical recourse is the County Court system - however, if they have no assets, it's unlikely to work for you. You would get the judgement, but with nothing for a bailiff to seize, you'd get nothing back. The only other thing would be if you believe they were guilty of fraud. Misrepresenting themselves to gain advantage? There's now a new on-line fraud reporting service here - might be worth at least reporting them. Have you tried the mobile numbers of the three people listed? Maybe using Facebook too - you could message friends and as long as you stick to facts, you might get a response? I suspect the website address is simply a mate who helped them set up the website, so he could be annoyed to start getting official letters, and maybe put some pressure on. As it seems clear they were going to stop 'trading' back in April, gaining goods now could well be considered fraud based on the evidence so far.

Hi my question was does anyone know what happened to them as they are uncontactable, my private business dealings whatever they may be are not in question, I was using the knowledge on this forum to see what has happened to them

I see what you mean, but you can't blame us for being nosey. If you have been ripped off, then it may help prevent another member suffering. If you had no issues with them at all, and are just interested in them, then we shouldn't assume something is adrift? So far, all of this is public information, but if the negative impression we have gained is incorrect, then you need to put us straight?

I see what you mean, but you can't blame us for being nosey. If you have been ripped off, then it may help prevent another member suffering. If you had no issues with them at all, and are just interested in them, then we shouldn't assume something is adrift? So far, all of this is public information, but if the negative impression we have gained is incorrect, then you need to put us straight?

Good point Paul,

I have not lost out in terms of money just really annoyed they have wasted valuble time, basically I was selling old school martin wedges for a mate on ebay through my official shop, they put in a late bid saturday to win them which they did but ignored the emails launched an investigation which only results in ebay giving them a warning, near on a week later I can't close the case yet but have had to relist them at cost time and getting rather fed up with it all, the fustration is that why oh why buy them if no intention to buy! Yes I could send a second chance offer to the next lowest bidder but that only offers half the price (ie their first initial bid not the one they were prepared to go to) of what sale price ended up being, trying them again in 2 days I can get my end fee if speakers don't sell then we shall see :)

I suppose making the comment on here might of opened a link with them so they could explain why they did what they did, but as you have noted they do look like a bunch of time wasting teenagers with no experience or business sence the 3 websites are unhelpful etc etc

Gotcha! I've had very similar things with ebay - and even though you're in the right, it takes them ages as they always give people time to think. I suspect your opinion may well be the same as the one we got too!

Gotcha! I've had very similar things with ebay - and even though you're in the right, it takes them ages as they always give people time to think. I suspect your opinion may well be the same as the one we got too!

Odd just had a phone call with appologies, hopefully will get payment asked about website but no reply was given so unsure..

Archived