System Consultant Recommendations

Matt Riley

Hi guys,

So I find myself in a new venue and we've got the interesting situation where we need to hire a system consultant to optimise the EM acoustics rig which was installed.

In terms of the brief we're looking for someone

• to input into the spec we set
  • to EASE model the space and come up with the optimum compromise for where the boxes should be pointing and how they should be tuned and time aligned
  • to come in and implement this plan (we can do this stage in house if desired)
  • To SMAART measure the space to ensure that it matches the spec.

There is budget available for the task, but we're looking for recommendations of people with a sound reputation and a solid track record of installs which I can visit and have a listen to.

Any recommendations would be gratefully accepted!

Matt

Have you tried speaking to Ed or Mike from EM and see if they'll come down themselves? They are in Guildford so only a couple of hours away. If it's there gear they would be the best people to ask?

I'm sure the manufacturers would be good - but Matt seems to have a specific requirement.... The system is already installed and a third party is required to model, test and commission the system. Reading between the lines, the emphasis is on a third party expert?

That's why I recommend Paul Malpas. He's not selling gear, he sells his knowledge and expertise in electroacoustics, audio system design and EASE (he teaches the UK training courses). He also deals with those complex situations where specifications and outcomes have to be determined and then met...

... we're looking for recommendations of people with a sound reputation...

Groan...

Sorry - pun not intended :P

Thanks for all your responses - they are very valuable and I will certainly be pursuing all of the options already suggested.

Have you tried speaking to Ed or Mike from EM and see if they'll come down themselves? They are in Guildford so only a couple of hours away. If it's there gear they would be the best people to ask?

I like that idea (above). We don't supply EM gear to be honest but I have met Ed and Mike and they are passionate individuals. They would have a vested interest in making sure its as good as they can make it.

I would be happy to chat to you. I have just a few venues in my portfolio (;-)) and an ability to model, measure, tune, teach and inform.

I would like to know the background, its always good to know the size of the cemetery before digging up the bodies.

Cheers

Mark

Archived