Lanta Fireball Pat 64 Quad

vinntec

Hi everyone

In our tiny theatre we have a couple of Lanta Fireball PAR64 Quad LEDs. The snag is that although the fan noise is not large, in our tiny theatre - which produces almost exclusively plays - it is noticeable and distracting. I was just wondering if anyone has had success with replacing the standard fans with quieter ones, or if this is not even worth thinking about?

Thanks -- Peter

it is noticeable and distracting.

to you (the person switching them on, and know the difference between the noise on stage before and after power up)

or punters/directors/cast?

I cant say the lanta quads are all that noisy as high powered led cans go, so it may just be the fact that you know the difference in noise and only bugs you?

Easiest way to overcome fan noise is to sell them and buy waterproof outdoor units that don't have fans. Hard part is trying to do the swap over without paying any extra money.

IFFFFF you can get pre show music and intermission music played, it will mask the fan noise. Once the show starts, the audience do not notice the fan noise as much, but you always will. In community theatre, this request for music is usually forgotten.

Do the fans on these run constantly or do they vary?

I'd certainly look at swapping to a better, quieter, fan as long as you can achieve the same airflow. I'd also modify them so the fan runs constantly as then you'll establish a base noise floor which will be less distracting than a varying noise.

Do the fans on these run constantly or do they vary?

Thanks for the comments so far. The fans run constantly but are noticeable to the audience, basically because we don't have anything which makes any noise like it. We also have a low rig and an audience that is very close to the stage and this makes any noise from above fairly obvious.

Maybe worth speaking to Lanta. I'm sure they're a uk based company.

Just had a look on their website and there are no contact details anywhere. I will email pro productions where I bought them from, but I doubt will get very far.

Lanta is a brand name of Impact Products Europe of Northampton who are a member of Solutions Group.

Changing the fans may help if they are the sort with an annoying hairdryer type whine, but do bear in mind that nice quiet fans are often low-flow types totally unsuited for lighting use. Led light 'engines' get very hot in use and will self-destruct in a few seconds if the fan isn't up to the job.

Just had a look on their website and there are no contact details anywhere.

You mean they're not complying with the Companies Act 2006? Naughty, naughty.

http://www.lantalighting.com/support reads

Units 5-6 Redbourne Park

Liliput Road, Brackmills Industrial Estate

Northampton. NN4 7DT

and provides a contact form. There's no phone number or e-mail address obvious to me but those are contact details

http://www.lantalighting.com/support reads

Units 5-6 Redbourne Park

Liliput Road, Brackmills Industrial Estate

Northampton. NN4 7DT

and provides a contact form. There's no phone number or e-mail address obvious to me but those are contact details

Apologies to Lanta - except when I hovered the mouse over support two options came up which I tried both of. It is unclear that Support itself is also an option (which is where the contact details are hidden). Peter

Archived