Holograms in the air

Stee_cri1

holographic projection is possible, I only know one company that do it - look up musion, is very cool stuff, wouldnt be able to get it around the whole room, and would not be the most cost effective way, but is possible

A hologram style illusion is possible, a Holographic projection is not. Anything that is hologram is a format of peppers ghost regardless of who makes it.

Good video here http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3630/3d-holographic-projection-future-of-advertising/

holographic projection is possible, I only know one company that do it - look up musion, is very cool stuff, wouldnt be able to get it around the whole room, and would not be the most cost effective way, but is possible

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. You stumbled across my bette noir.

Musion themselves aren't keen on their effect being referred to as a hologram but they are happy with the publicity and now go with the flow and refer to it as holographic.

It is a flat, 2D image projected on a transparent foil.

It will cost you tens of thousands of pounds to hire

Musion themselves aren't keen on their effect being referred to as a hologram

clicky: "Musion pushes boundaries and defies expectations. Our ground breaking 3D holographic projection technology brings your vision to life and captivates audiences worldwide"

Not keen? They certainly hide that well.

we have some hologram portraits at our theatre. they have to be fixed to the wall, require quite specific lighting and have a quite limited viewing angle. they are eerily three-dimensional. I can't see how they would be suitable for a moving image (but I don't know much about how they work)

Musion themselves aren't keen on their effect being referred to as a hologram

clicky: "Musion pushes boundaries and defies expectations. Our ground breaking 3D holographic projection technology brings your vision to life and captivates audiences worldwide"

Not keen? They certainly hide that well.

The following is a quotation from an interview with a member of Musion staff conducted by one of my students. Referring to the impact of the Tu-Pac digital restoration.

"We weren't too thrilled about it being called a hologram because that's not what it is but now everyone knows what we can do"

I note you omitted part of my original post

"... but they are happy with the publicity and now go with the flow and refer to it as holographic."

I note you omitted part of my original post

"... but they are happy with the publicity and now go with the flow and refer to it as holographic."

I only omitted it because that wasn't the bit I was directly replying to, but since you mention it again I note that there is a difference between somewhat reluctantly 'going with the flow' and flogging it to death.

It's by far the most enthusiastic bit of being "not too thrilled" I've ever seen.

I've worked with a Musion screen for Ereic Prydz in Concert where we had some pretty awesome holograms. I don't think it would work here and it's bloody expensive.

C

Archived