Dimming domestic lights with stage dimmers

patakskrause

Hello! I've got a production coming up and I need to dim a load of tungsten filament domestic bulbs. The question is, can I connect them to the outputs of a dimmer like I would be able to do with a theatrical light? If not, any advice on how I would be able to dim them over DMX would be nice. I've enclosed a link to the bulbs in question.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Pat

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-25W-OSRAM-CLEAR-GLS-TUNGSTEN-FILAMENT-INCANDESCENT-BULBS-BC-B22-/321066071523?pt=UK_Light_Bulbs&hash=item4ac10775e3

Hello! I've got a production coming up and I need to dim a load of tungsten filament domestic bulbs. The question is, can I connect them to the outputs of a dimmer like I would be able to do with a theatrical light? If

Yep only problem could be the minimum load the dimmer likes to see, if your only using 1 or 2 you may have to put a load lamp on the same dimmer channel to get them to dim properly

Hello! I've got a production coming up and I need to dim a load of tungsten filament domestic bulbs. The question is, can I connect them to the outputs of a dimmer like I would be able to do with a theatrical light? If

Yep only problem could be the minimum load the dimmer likes to see, if your only using 1 or 2 you may have to put a load lamp on the same dimmer channel to get them to dim properly

Ok, I'll have a look into that. Thanks for the help!

Pat

Archived