New Address for AJS Theatre Supplies

ojc123

As Title.

I'm having communication problems with AJS. I need their new address. I've looked on their website but I'm not sure it's the new one.

These are the addresses I've found.

A.J.S Theatre Lighting & Stage Supplies Ltd

Unit 25-26

Hightown Industrial Estate,

Ringwood,

Hampshire,

BH24 1ND

The above from the privacy section of their website. I don't know if it's been updated.

The Theatre Centre

Unit 9-10 ,

BH24 1SF

Ringwood

Both of these have the old telephone number.

If anyone could tell me their new address it would be helpful.

Thanks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Theatre Centre address is just spitting distance from the Crow Arch Lane address (you can almost see one from the other) and to my knowledge they were still trading from there as of a few weeks ago.

The company has downsized quite dramatically over the past few years and I believe that there is now just a very small number of staff. If you are having trouble phoning them then Google search Forest Forge Theatre Company and try their number as the Theatre Centre is where they are based - AJS just uses / used a small part of the building.

Let me know how you get on.

UPDATE....

I've just done a little bit of digging and I believe now that they may no longer be based at the Theatre Centre although I have no knowledge of this for certain. The phone number on the website has changed from 01425 area code (Ringwood) to 01202 which could be Bournemouth, Poole or Christchurch. Knowing the situation there my guess its probably Poole location but that's all I know for the time being.

Now I'm really interested...:)

Companies House lists an address similar to the first one;

AJS THEATRE SUPPLIES LTD

22 HIGHTOWN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE

CROW ARCH LANE

RINGWOOD

HAMPSHIRE

ENGLAND

BH24 1ND

But also worryingly the company status is shown as "Active - Proposal to Strike off"

I'm not sure that's all the info - the history is:

07 Dec 2012

Notice Of Striking-off Action Suspended PDF

26 Oct 2012

First Notification Of Strike-off Action In London Gazette (section 652) PDF

29 Apr 2012

Notice Of Striking-off Action Discontinued PDF

16 Mar 2012

First Notification Of Strike-off Action In London Gazette (section 652) PDF

As I understand it, striking off is often the Directors choice, but a creditor can apply to have the striking off suspended. So for some reason twice the company was set in motion to shut it down, then stopped? If they are now shown as liquidated, maybe this is the consequence of a creditor action?

The last data on their financial status was:

LEDGER

Net Assets 4,622 GBP

Total Assets 125,767 GBP

Total Liabilities 121,145 GBP

Cash 8,930 GBP

Tangible Assets 7,653 GBP

Intangible Assets —

Fixed Assets 7,653 GBP

Current Assets 118,114 GBP

Stock 24,698 GBP

Other Current Assets —

Assets Current Misc —

Current Liabilities 121,145 GBP

Creditors 121,145 GBP

Trade Debtors 84,486 GBP

Overdraft —

Short Term —

Misc Current Liabilities —

Other Long Term Finance —

Total Long Term Liabilities —

SALARIES AND DIVIDENDS

Wages Salaries —

Director Emoluments —

Shareholder Funds 4,622 GBP

Dividends —

OTHER % CHANGE PREVIOUS YEAR (N/A)

Cost Of Sales —

Audit Fees —

Tax —

Retained Profit —

Book Value 4,622 GBP

Depreciation 1,093 GBP

Capital Employed 4,622 GBP

It's a shame - they were always very helpful people, but just a tad old fashioned?

Sources tell me that the address they are currently using is

Unit 3C

Arena Business Centre

Holyrood Close

Poole

Dorset

BH17 7FJ

Unfortunately the little orange man on Google maps shows very little - I suspect that they may just be renting an office in a shared building but if anyone else can "shed any light" then please do.

David.

From bits and pieces I've heard (which I am NOT prepared to share here or by PM) - it may be the correct company indeed. If it is, then a sad end to the company who's Green Book used to be "THE" catalogue to carry around... :(

• 3 weeks later...
If we're talking about AJS THEATRE SUPPLIES LTD then both their accounts and annual return are now very overdue to the tune of a £1,500 fine for the accounts and IIRC, £200 for the annual return.

I note their web site is now offline.

It says

"Brief technical interruption

Unfortunately, our Web site is closed at the moment. We will be back to serve you soon.

Thank you for your patience."

I've had to hand the issue which prompted my original question over to our Finance Department. I have had no response to emails, calls or letter.

I'm sadly with Ian (above) having heard something very similar :(

It seems the original company was A.J.S. Theatre Lighting and Stage Supplies Limited (01396059) which was dissolved in 2010. Around the same time AJS Theatre Supplies Limited was formed, which it seems is now also gone.

It might appear again as another phoenix I guess...

I could be wrong but I thought they had some connection once upon a time with Cerebrum lighting ? In which case maybe they (now trading as Cereco I believe) might be able to shed some light (no pun intended!) on the AJS situation ?

Having worked there for 15 years I know the score - although I left a few years ago I still keep my ear to the ground.

The original company was formed by a chap who started it from his bedroom as a teenager. After building the company up there were over 30 employees and had two industrial units, he then sold it to the current ownder for a tidy sum and took early retirement in Spain.

As time went on the company started to shrink and employee numbers dropped. Two units became one which I believe then became none and they moved out to smaller premises which they shared in Ringwood as mentioned in a message above. From there they then moved out again to the address in Poole and just a short time later the website is showing the current message which is where we see things now.

As written above the original company name went not too long ago and a new Phoenix type company with an almost identical name formed just 24 hours later, the last time I was in the area I have to admit it didn't look as good as the old days but times change.....

The current owner did have one or two other comapnies under their wing and I think I remember their names but as I can't remember 100% what they are I'm not going to point a finger in case I get it wrong.

Its probably best not to say any more from my personal point of view, especially on a public forum which is why I've stuck to the facts as best I know them as of this time.

David.

Archived