Ampetronic ILD252 Induction Loop Amplifier

Yorkie

I've got here an Ampetronic ILD252 loop amp from a church install. It's been covering an area of 75m^2 with a loop length of 40m. I've tested the wire loop itself for continuity and it's come out at 0.8R which is within the specified range. The amp has a fault though, when turned on, the Power LED flashes 10 times, and then the Loop Error LED comes on and stays on. I have tried the amp with another length of similar cable and it still shows 'Loop Error'. There's no fuse to replace which would be my first thought, and nothing in the manual Ampetronic have supplied suggests what the problem may be. The amp is certainly too old to be under warranty.

Anyone else had this fault before, or is there a forum member experienced at repairing these?

Ampetronic have a 5 year warranty and a fixed price repair out of warranty (about £60?). Their loop amps are well built, sound better than other loop amps and have excellent technical backup.

Call them! Unless the fault is external, it makes sense to get them to fix it!

Called them, there's no such thing as a fixed price fix but the majority of faults are likely to involve less than an hour's labour and therefore cost not much more than £65.

Archived