Clouds?

PuppetLight

Might help if you could define 'clouds'...

'Real' clouds, (pretty difficult, especially if you're on a tight budget....)?

Physical clouds, eg cutouts from rigid material?

Projected clouds...?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Honk!+The+Musical&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=EMT&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=9zYzUcSfO-LK0QWj9ICgAQ&ved=0CEUQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=647#imgrc=_

has some shots of HONK! and a couple with clouds which are clearly sybollicly painted on flats.

Other options as Ynot says include paint, projection etc.

I have seen some "clouds" in a design office that were like white tissue "Chinese Lanterns" decoratively crumpled and internally lit, you could motor them across the stage watching what light beams they intersect with.

Lots will depend on the production design if it's a "2D" cartoon style then something flat and perspective free will work. If it's a pseudo real skyscape that you want perhaps a camera on a tripod would get you staring stock to edit and project.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a strand patt 252 projector available with cloud disc. Let me know =]

https://www.google.c...bih=647#imgrc=_

has some shots of HONK! and a couple with clouds which are clearly sybollicly painted on flats.

Other options as Ynot says include paint, projection etc.

I have seen some "clouds" in a design office that were like white tissue "Chinese Lanterns" decoratively crumpled and internally lit, you could motor them across the stage watching what light beams they intersect with.

Lots will depend on the production design if it's a "2D" cartoon style then something flat and perspective free will work. If it's a pseudo real skyscape that you want perhaps a camera on a tripod would get you staring stock to edit and project.

Archived