Fatal incident at G Live in Guildford

kitlane

I don't know exactly what these doors look like, but surely all that's required is a big inertia reel that allows free movement at low speeds but locks solid when it drops???

The door at G Live was around 10 metres wide by 6 metres tall. It folded on a horizontal mid line and weighed about a ton and a half.

They don't exactly explain what really happened do they? This guy appears to be the boss of the company, and is taking the blame for the accident. One of the risks of being a company director I see. You might have limited liability for money, but not for injuries!

They don't exactly explain what really happened do they? This guy appears to be the boss of the company, and is taking the blame for the accident. One of the risks of being a company director I see. You might have limited liability for money, but not for injuries!

The website linked above says it's a cable lift system, so most likely options seem to be either the cable or it's termination failed, or the winch mechanism did.

No they don't - and as the matter is sub-judice I'll keep any other thoughts to myself, except to say if any civil proceedings follow I suspect those questioned will come from a rather wider field Paul...

Archived