LEAN Process...

maxjones2000

Not too sure if this belongs in the Next Gen, Training or Office, but please feel free to move it mods!

I've just been looking at a couple of local job vacancies at a hire company, and reading over the personal spec, which I feel I match fairly well. However, there's one bit that I'm unsure about - it says "A basic understanding of the LEAN process would be an advantage".

What is the 'LEAN process'? I've done a quick Google, and all I can come up with is stuff to do with customer value... and I'm guessing it probably isn't that considering this is a warehouse job!

I'm only asking so that I have a rough idea of what it is if it goes any further (i.e. interview), and also for future reference!

Thanks,

Max J

EDIT TO ADD:

This is completely unrelated to the LEAN question, but thought I'd put it in here to save starting a new topic. This company have 2 vacancies that I'm interested in - would it be 'acceptable' to apply for both? Or does that p!ss companies off? If so, how would I make it clear that I'm applying for both, and it's not a mix-up my end? Sorry to ask such a stupid question! http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

LEAN

Maybe it is this management system? Who knows? I have given up after SWOT Analysis, there are just too many acronyms around the management consultant field and few make much sense.

Why don't you post separate applications, assuming they are different jobs? As long as both applications complement each other rather than contradict, I see no problem.

There is no problem with applying for more than one job in the same company. It can be seen as being keen if you are qualified/suitable for both, but make sure you make it totally clear that you are or they might just think you've been told to apply for x number of jobs at the Job Centre and you're getting 2 hits from the same company!

That's brilliant, thanks everyone! Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

And thanks for the help regarding applying for 2 vacancies, I thought it would be alright, but just thought it would be best to check before I potentially p!ss someone off! http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Sorry about the brief reply, I'm in a rush at the moment, so will reply in more detail tomorrow!

Archived