Cadenza Fresnel

cmccabe

I am with Brian on this, I think Lee is the same. I do vaguely remember seeing a "making of" video but no idea where it is located now

From Wiki - The Gelatran process is still used today to create GAMColor. Other color manufacturers, such as Lee Filters and Apollo Design Technology use polyester as their color substrate. Lee and Apollo use the surface dyed process. Roscolux is 70% polycarbonate and 30% deep dyed polyester. Almost every color manufacturer today uses either polycarbonate or polyester to manufacture their "gels". Even today's gels can burn out (to lighten in color starting in the center) easily, rendering them useless. To help combat this, a high temperature (HT) material (polyester having the highest melting point 480 °F (250 °C)), can be used to help prolong the life in high-heat output lighting instruments.

From Graham Merritt at Lee, working the Christmas shift, "Thanks for your email. LEE Polyester lighting filter is coated on both sides. I hope this explains."

So a seperate heat filter for polyester, the dichroics may be the way to go depending on cost.

I am with Brian on this, I think Lee is the same. I do vaguely remember seeing a "making of" video but no idea where it is located now

Is this the one you're thinking of ? Was on LEE's own website for some time too before the redesign.

Hmmm Just picked up some 120w RGBW LED Fixtures (12x10w) Unfortunately to bloody noisy to use in theater, But its a half decent rule of thumb at the moment!

I have some 9 x 8W RGBW LED's and the fans are a bit noisy, but they are standard size sleeve bearing PC cooling fans, and speaking to the manufacturer they said that they can be swapped for ball-bearing types to make them run quieter, or slowed down by adding a resistor or something like a Zalman Fan Mate to adjust the speed - but they did point out any alterations would invalidate the warranty. I have found so far that in most shows provided they are on the entire time there isn't really an issue. But we didn't use them in a recent production because it was too quiet and intimate.

Archived