com clone 2

A capacitor, something about 10nF, connected between pin 1 and earth will help with RF interference suppression.

So I could put a capacitor (power supply side) between pin 1 of XLR and earth (to shell of power supply) ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A capacitor, something about 10nF, connected between pin 1 and earth will help with RF interference suppression.

So I could put a capacitor (power supply side) between pin 1 of XLR and earth (to shell of power supply) ?

What kind of capacitor should I use ?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your help. I read your advices and tried.

put a new C9 but the issue remains. I assume C9 was ok.

Note that it is chemical 4.7uF (not tantalum 47)

I measured V on NE5534 at pins 2 & 3 ; both are going down to 6V instead of being around 12V - argh

I forgot measuring using pin6. will try soon

Sometimes, when I use my old analog multimeter, the mic sound is back for a few seconds.

I plan to investigate the feedback circuit R10 R11 C5 C8.

I found two options in the original Clearcom the device cloned by rcrowley (http://www.clearcom.com/upload/download/manual_pl_mr102a.pdf - The schematic is on the last page)

On page3 there is a proposal for changes in values to increase mic gain New values are R5=R8=270K C5=27pF C8=150pF. I'll try this also

on the last page, I found in the schematics a 20uF capacitor between pin5-pin8 in the clearcom design. not familiar with opAmp. What is it for ? is it important ?

have a good day.

regards

FP

I found in the schematics a 20uF capacitor between pin5-pin8 in the clearcom design. not familiar with opAmp. What is it for ? is it important ?

That should be 20pF, the scan is not very clear.

It is there to stop the 5534 oscillating when the mute switch is pressed.

[E2A]

Two questions...

1) What make of 5534 are you using?

2) What make of electret mic are you using?

Archived