Channel 69 swtichover date

d.breeze

Hello

I know there is already a great deal of discussion on here about the channel 69 swtich over - I've just tried to read through it all!

But what I can't find is the date! When was/is the actual date at which it becomes illegale to use channel 69 for RF mics/IEMS?

Thanks

This December is the official cutoff date on the license - so once January hits, it's gone. Mind you, only people with licenses know about it. The people without licenses will be in blissful ignorance until the day an EE network gets turned on locally, and all the phones in the area start to work on 69!

This December is the official cutoff date on the license - so once January hits, it's gone. Mind you, only people with licenses know about it. The people without licenses will be in blissful ignorance until the day an EE network gets turned on locally, and all the phones in the area start to work on 69!

EE network?

EE network?

4G

EE network?

4G

Ah, yes, that's what I thought channel 69 had been sold off for. Havent Orange/T-Mobile already switch on some 4G equipment?

EE network?

4G

Ah, yes, that's what I thought channel 69 had been sold off for. Havent Orange/T-Mobile already switch on some 4G equipment?

BBC click did a speed test this week / weekend in London so I assume there are some areas online already.

Mid Wales is already covered with EE where usually the last for anything like this!

Ah well, the advantage of 4G over 3G is much greater range and also because of the higher bandwidth when it does start to tail off and you lose some bandwidth what you are left with is still a lot. So 4G is in fact perfect for rural Britain. I know from personal experience that 3G is virtually non-existant in most parts of rural Wales but there is a big plan to make sure everyone has 4G coverage.

Everything Everywhere was switched on yesterday here in Hay, now whether that means it is 4G or donkey droppings I have no clue. What I do know is that calls now have the added benefit of high pitched electronic squealing which is new and interesting.

I do hope I am not being billed extra for this marvelous new technical facility.

Archived