Stage Blinders

Ali_OSDTECH

Hello all,

I have purchased 2 sets of stage blinders 4 cell (not sure what make, but they look like Tomcat), these have two lamps per channel wiring. Out of the unit comes one 7 core cable (what I called Bulgin cable) this terminates into a 3 x 2 ceramic terminal block and earth fixed to the case with earth cables running to the individual twin lamp panels. The question is why have these got 7 core cable; has anyone any explanation. As these are two channels why is there not 2 x 3 core cables coming out? My gut feel is to re wire them replacing the 7 core cable with 2x 3 core cables? Has anyone got any thoughts. THANKS

besides, it dosent matter that its 7 core. One would just simply snip the ends of the 7th strand down to the outside sheath and be done with it. So long as the cables rated to the supply its fine.

I used to make 'power blinders' which was simply a set of 3 x 2cell bolted onto a custom frame with a socca socket on the back.

The 3 cells each had their cable running through the frame into a small central junction box which then contained the wiring and the socket. Worked a treat and looked really neat!!

Might have been that they used to have each lamp on it's own circuit (after all I seem to remember Bulgins were mostly used for 4 channel chasers?) and it has been re-wired at some point to the spec you have.

Re-wire them! At least then you know in your own head what's going on....

Archived