Great pantomimes

Silverstone Geezer

Hello

I'm sure I'll be flamed for inappropriate posts, however I'm looking for forums where I can discuss/learn from others which panto scripts are great, as opposed to mediocre.

We produced a great panto against a great script early this year (Dracula, the Panto by Jim Sperinck) last year, and really need to maintain the same standard for our early 2013 production.

Surely there must be somewhere amongst the dramatic community where such things can be discussed ?

Love this forum, and for sure we'll delve deep to overcome technical issues, but it doesn't seem to be the right place to discuss the above.

Thanks in advance for any help

The company I work with on panto every year write their own scripts and they're not half bad. I believe they have been known to allow their work to be shared for a reasonable rights fee.

Examples and a few short videos are on their web site - PR Panto.

If you'r interested and ned a direct contact give me a shout and I'll pass on details.

• 1 month later...
Who writes good Panto scripts is always a matter of personal preference, but I have now worked on two panto's written by Alan P Frayn see www.stagerightcreative.com for full details of his panto's. The one thing I like about them is that they are not "dated". This is because he constantly updates the jokes. OK they are mostly corny, but then that's panto!!

Who writes good Panto scripts is always a matter of personal preference, but I have now worked on two panto's written by Alan P Frayn see www.stagerightcreative.com for full details of his panto's. The one thing I like about them is that they are not "dated". This is because he constantly updates the jokes. OK they are mostly corny, but then that's panto!!

Could not agree more!

Archived