Whipped cream alternative

caz1607

I'm looking for a non greasy substance that looks like whipped cream to be thrown on stage during a performance. The bowl of cream will be thrown at the back wall of the set but unfortunately the wallpaper is not the commercial wipe clean type, it is a canvas stencilled wallpaper. It is thrown just prior to the interval and then can be cleaned but obviously due to the nature of dairy products if we use the actual thing it will not be easy to clean off of canvas and will begin to smell. The real catch 22 is that we cannot use shaving foam or anything similar as one of the actresses must eat it earlier in the scene! If anyone can recommend any edible substances that are non-greasy or unlikely to leave residue and a stain on the wallpaper your help would be much appreciated!

I was thinking of a certain molecular gastronome.

The kind of sea foam thing that he does only lasts for the time it takes to serve. Th agar stuff is probably too jelly like.

I would say that anything that has the ability to properly foam into something with such tiny bubbles to make it creamy is probably going to stain. The fats in milk/cream, egg whites...guinness...

The key ingredient in soap is Sodium Laureth/lauryl Sulphate. This foaming agent or surfactant is also found in toothpaste. Maybe with experimentation you could do it with toothpaste but I suspect that to get it more like like cream and less like bubblebath you would need nitrogen and higher pressures.

It would probably be easier to protect the wall.

I was thinking of a certain molecular gastronome.

The kind of sea foam thing that he does only lasts for the time it takes to serve. Th agar stuff is probably too jelly like.

yes quite possibly but the jelly/agar (jelly has a stronger bloom than agar) will work as a fixer and hold it in place.

So a custard pie made of shaving foam and the actress cheats the shot by eating a spoonful of yoghurt out of a hidden dish. (Or some alternative preservative loaded white creamy comestible.)

You guys do realise that theatre, TV and film events are not actually real don't you?

For instance, this guy is eating neither ice cream nor his brains...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erh2ngRZxs0

Archived