Projector Housing

raicttec

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to install a projection system installed in our school gym. The equipment is not a problem electric screen projector etc, my problem is the projector housing. We have the secure boxs with kensignton locks but the problem is that there fine in a classroom situation but after TESTING the projector tends as you can expect move when hit by objects eg footballs shoes etc.

My question is had anybody got or seen a projector housing which is bomb proof but does not restrict airflow and does not cause any problems to projector.

Many Thanks

Karl

Hi Everyone, 

I am looking to install a projection system installed in our school gym. The equipment is not a problem electric screen projector etc, my problem is the projector housing. We have the secure boxs with kensignton locks but the problem is that there fine in a classroom situation but after TESTING the projector tends as you can expect move when hit by objects eg footballs shoes etc. 

My question is had anybody got or seen a projector housing which is bomb proof but does not restrict airflow and does not cause any problems to projector. 

Many Thanks 

Karl 

Is it hanging from the ceiling, or in a box on the wall? If the latter, you could build an MDF / armour plate box with a couple of Papst fans to keep it cool and you're OK. From the ceiling is much more difficult, as even the Unicol brackets have some movement.

There are ceiling mount pantographs that could be used to lift the projector up into a box, but these would be expensive. Not used them personally, I stick to classrooms wherever possible!

A Unicol shouldn't move too much if all the bolts are tightened.... projector is bolted to the baseplate, baseplate to the saddle, saddle to the pole.

Bruce.

ps - for wall-mounted kit, we have a local supplier who builds us a powder-coated steel box, with hinged and padlocked lid. It's big enough to hold a VCR/DVD combo and an amp, with cutouts on the front panel to allow access to the controls and to load discs/tapes. Haven't had any nicked yet!

Archived