Panasonic PBX software -

Ynot

Now, this isn't strictly speaking a theatre topic, but it does have an impact on my venue as it's something we're aiming to fit this summer.

We've been given a small second hand PBX to replace the old one we have driving the internal phones at the theatre, but what's missing is the programming software. I've Googled the thing without huge success - user manuals are easy to find, but the s/w I need is I believe something called Panasonic KX-TDA15 Maintenance Console.

I've asked the same question on a more suitable forum but so far the only response pointed me at a telecoms firm in Uganda. I queried the options with them and they have responded, and as expected it will cost us to purchase - which we're happy to do IF I can't get it from elsewhere. BUT the fact that this company is in Uganda, and are suggesing payment by Western union or some such doesn't give me a great deal of warm fuzzy feeling...

The Panasonic web site isn't anywhere near helpful either. No obvious links to this software, or to where I can purchase from them...

And despite their page having a 'contact us' option, there's no obvious e-mail option, and the phone number automated system has no option for business call systems!

So - anyone got one of these wee beasties? Got a copy of the s/w??

It's probably available here (although I'm not quite sure which version you need) . We have a KX-TD system and although I downloaded some software from this site a few years (when it was free) I've never got round to using it. The original technician programmed the system using one of the proprietary phones and I use a similar method to make occasional changes. It's reasonably quick once you get going, particularly if you want fairly basic settings.

Now, this isn't strictly speaking a theatre topic, but it does have an impact on my venue as it's something we're aiming to fit this summer.

We've been given a small second hand PBX to replace the old one we have driving the internal phones at the theatre, but what's missing is the programming software. I've Googled the thing without huge success - user manuals are easy to find, but the s/w I need is I believe something called Panasonic KX-TDA15 Maintenance Console.

With PBXes you "get a man in" as they're far too complicated for mere mortals to understand! No you can't *possibly* have the software.

I help to run a medium size IP telephony setup at work and our moves, adds and changes costs dropped like a stone when we got shot of the old PBX and old PBX maintainer, some bits of the industry looks a little bit like legalized banditry in some ways.

David.

• 1 month later...

Okay,go and download the software from here,below

To download, Go to the link below

http://www.filesonic.com/filesystem/browse#fileManager Login details: Username: WANET Password: UPCMC NOTE: HOW TO DOWNLOAD. Once logged in on your left,click UPCMC. A list of files will appear. Click on a specific file and it will appear to the left of the "KEY" icon Move your pointer to the arrow near the key and select download. Save the file

Any of the later UPCMC versions should work for you.

UPCMCv7.3

UPCMCv7.2

UPCMCv7.1 or

UPCMCv7.0

During installation,select the surfix E/UK

Okay,go and download the software from here,below

To download, Go to the link below http://www.filesonic.com/filesystem/browse#fileManager Login details: Username: WANET Password: UPCMC

NOTE: HOW TO DOWNLOAD. Once logged in on your left,click UPCMC. A list of files will appear. Click on a specific file and it will appear to the left of the "KEY" icon Move your pointer to the arrow near the key and select download. Save the file

The files have been removed only UPCMCv7.0 is available now

During installation,select the surfix E/UK

So with filesonic reported in the media as now off line, has anyone paid for the password? Alas while we have some bugs in the programming I'd like to fix, I've not even bothered to ask how much it will cost to uncompress the download 'kindly' offered.

You are aware you don't need softwarke to programme these systems, it's just more convenient to do so. If you just need a couple of minor changes then just do it through the first extension.

And I still recommend you check out the Ruski software, it's better than the real thing.

Archived