Help needed from MQ experts.

Richard CSL

This is all priceless advice and it would be great to see it collated as a 'general guidance to a happy life' section in the MQ manual...

I really second this, this is a very interesting thread!

Hopefully I donot mention something already said here: If you use the PCwing you can also select the first 10 groups by pressing [All]+[one-of-the-S-buttons-above-fader].

I would also see the possibility to change the function of a less-used button on the PC-wing to a [Group]-button. Maybe a userdefined possibility to redefine some buttons on the PCwing... Myself have newer used the DBO-button... ;-)

Regards Kåre Olai

Am I missing something? Do you not just INCLUDE the cue with FX into the programmer in the usual way and then make the changes using the encoders before UPDATE-ing? Sorry if this isn't what was meant.

Thats certainly quicker but im not sure its exatley what im after as hitting either update or clear with other busked stuff in the programmer will either clear everything or add extra stuff into the fx cue.I suppose im looking for a qucker way of editing an fx within a cue stack without disturbing the programer

Thats certainly quicker but im not sure its exatley what im after as hitting either update or clear with other busked stuff in the programmer will either clear everything or add extra stuff into the fx cue.I suppose im looking for a qucker way of editing an fx within a cue stack without disturbing the programer

If I'm reading this correctly you want to adjust the parameters of an FX in an active cue on a cue stack, live rather than actually editing the cue? If this is the case it's easy, hold the the Select key on the playback that's running your FX and tweak the X Encoder, this jumps you straight into the FX parameters for the currently active cue in the cue stack.

I hope that's what you're after.

I would like to thank you all personally, as this has been a very difficult time, Last night the show went fine, however I only controlled the decoration lights, not the front of house.

But due to all your help our next show will be on Tuesday (5 days time) and I will be putting all the good advice into practice.

So once again I thank you all.

I am also glad that this thread has been useful to others.

Another small problem. I have 10 Martin Mac 500's and these have 2 colour wheels , by default the colour selector uses both these wheels, however in the output screen set to colours, only wheel 1 's colours are displayed.

Is there any way of correcting this??

Archived