D&B Speakers, weather resistence

Prodman22

I'm doing out door theatre up North and have several D&B T10 point source speakers in the rig. Does any one know how weather resistant these cabinets are ? I'm in England and the weather is very wet at the moment.

I'm doing out door theatre up North and have several D&B T10 point source speakers in the rig. Does any one know how weather resistant these cabinets are ? I'm in England and the weather is very wet at the moment.

Id make sure that none of the speakers point up if you're in for a while, otherwise the cabinet might fill up... but should be fine, I've never had any problems with d&b gear outside

dont know about t series, but iv used q series and d&b wedges outdoors with no problems, and Iv seen pleanty of J series in fields.

General good practice would be:

- dont leave anything pointing upwards in the rain as they'll fill up

- Bit of gaffer over any speakon/ep/other speaker terminals that arnt in use (ie if your linking 2 cabs 1 has 2 cables, in and link, in it so is fine, the second has in and a unmated link, gaffer over the link)

- wood under subs/groundstacks to reduce sinking

-keep everything out of standing water, and if you can reduce direct heavy rain exposure (under the lip of the stage roof) its a bonus.

-be very careful about your amp rack, distro placement.

- Bit of gaffer over any speakon/ep/other speaker terminals that arnt in use (ie if your linking 2 cabs 1 has 2 cables, in and link, in it so is fine, the second has in and a unmated link, gaffer over the link)

Id be careful about covering unused connectors, waters a conductor, so if the tape holds water in the connector and doesn't allow it to run off then you could end up with amp sense errors with the 5 core system used by d&b. only been an issue for me once, but worth noting

Archived