Pearl Expert problem

ekul1978

Im having a problem with my Pearl Expert running the latest software version. It occasionally resets itself on start up and I have to reload my saved show files. It doesnt happen all the time but maybe 1 out of every 10. Was wondering if anyone else had had this problem or knew of a way to fix it. Would have posted this on the AVO website but my computer wont let me on it as it says its infected.

Cheers Luke

I would guess this is a hardware problem. Have you checked everything is securely connected inside?

With any problems like this you should contact service, preferably by phone - +44 (0)20 8965 8522

/edit: On re-reading are you saying the machine resets itself or that it works but when the software starts it prompts that it could not load the show and asks you to choose one to revert to (or new show)?

The desk works fine just there isnt any information saved in the desk as if a wipeall had been performed so I have to load the show back in. No prompt of loading a show just a blank desk.

Luke

Could be a bad sector somewhere inconvenient. I would always say ring avo as we all know they are lovely and helpful but if you want to give it a go yourself and you have a hard drive adapter, plug it in to a computer and run a check to see if theres any faults.

When you say reset on start-up do you mean that the show is simply not re-loaded or does the desk simply turn off and start the BIOS boot sequence again?

I think the best starting point is for you to send me your log files. Please go to Tools | Additional Programs | Log Collector and run this software. It will create a zip file which you can send to us support@avolites.com. Can you say for the attention of Oliver in the email.

The desk works fine just there isnt any information saved in the desk as if a wipeall had been performed so I have to load the show back in. No prompt of loading a show just a blank desk.

Luke

we had a similar fault on an expert- found that the internal usb pen was slightly loose, open desk up and check all connectors are tight etc.

just a thought, as they do get knocked about a bit.

A note regarding the dongle: There was an ECN that moved it from the socket above the motherboard into a slot on one of the hubs. When plugged into a hub it should be held in by the comb. That said I would have thought there would be other problems if the dongle wasn't seated properly.

Archived