back stage storage

tml07

We have moved in a larger venue (permanent)

What to do with all the audio stuff.?

I am looking for a cost effective way to store music stands , mic boom stands off the ground.

The room does have 12 ft ceiling. -

I have a large 6 drawer tool box on anti-marking wheels to hold cables, mics etc. , patch cables

thanks H

Mic stands I (and alot of people) use gutter pipe. you could easily mount them vertically or horizontally to keep them off the ground, just cut them to the same length as the folded mic stands. Music stands it would work but you may need a different size pipe. Phone up travis perkins and see if they will do you a deal on buying some guttering pipe.

G

Difficult to tell where the OP's nearest branch of Travis Perkins is, though. I'm assuming they're in the Canadian Toronto, rather than the County Durham one. :P

Seriously, though... how the music stands are stored depends on what sort of stands they are. Are they ones that fold up nicely, or do you have something altogether more awkward?

The only way I have seen anyone ever store those Manhasset Music stands with their fixed bases, is on the specially designed trolly's from them, Other than that they usually end up looking like a dogs breakfast.

Mic stands, either vertically in pipe, or do the same thing but in timber. And stick it on a set of castors and it becomes quite handy!

Hi Guys,

It may seem self explanatory, and possibly everyone except me knows what you mean, but I've not seen music stand storage, using gutter pipe, like you mention.

Could someone post a picture for me?

Hi Guys,

It may seem self explanatory, and possibly everyone except me knows what you mean, but I've not seen music stand storage, using gutter pipe, like you mention.

Could someone post a picture for me?

That may be because it's MIC stands being stored in pipes, not MUSIC stands...

:)

Archived