DMX 512 motherboards

CARWYN

Hi

I dont know if this is in the right section but can someone put me in the right direction of where I can get my hands on a DMX motherboard. im after building a custom switch or multipleswitches that work off DMX

Thank You for your help in advance

what im after is

1. 3 channel for pressurising a switch to switch controls 1 for open 1 for close and 1 for stop

2. one for controlling DMX from an open close contact control so I can fade max 4 channels up and down on multiple open close contact signal

what im after is

1. 3 channel for pressurising a switch to switch controls 1 for open 1 for close and 1 for stop

2. one for controlling DMX from an open close contact control so I can fade max 4 channels up and down on multiple open close contact signal

I'm sorry but that description is meaningless. Try answering these questions and we might be able to help you:

1. Do you want a board to generate DMX or receive it?

2. What type of switch do you wish to "pressurise"?

3. Is it actually only one switch you wish to "pressurise" or is it three?

4. Is/are the switch/switches in question 2 an input to your board or an output from it?

5. How close to the board is the open contact?

6. Is the open contact actually four open contacts to control four DMX channels or are you using four DMX channels to control the open contact?

Hands up who else thought the answer to this one was going to be "buy a relay board"?

I don't think this is going to exist in a particularly off-the-peg form. Possibly the closest would be an Arduino with a DMX shield, which would involve programming the blighter yourself.

Edit: Wrong shield; should have said DMX.

Hi Carwyn,

Perhaps you can use an old PC with a USB output and make or buy the OpenUSBDMX dongle as your DMX output.

There are lot's of free software available, something might suit your need.

For your butons, take apart a PC keyboard and solder wires to the keys where you want your buttons.

Real big solution but it would work.

This is my first post in this fourum! Great to have found this.

Just a suggestion

Affe

Archived