Sharing Diaries

arobinsonaudio

Google Calendar (either with a regular Google account, or with a Google Apps account if you want to tie it/your emails/etc to your own domain). I've found that Google Apps and an Android phone are the only things I ever need to organise my life.

It's got to be Google Calendar. We run our entire business off it, puts the info straight onto everybody's phones and is integrated into our sales software(although I did make the software so don't know how many will do that). Literally couldn't live without it, if I break my phone and have to revert to one that only makes phone calls (horror) then I'm completely at sea.

• 2 weeks later...

It's got to be Google Calendar. We run our entire business off it, puts the info straight onto everybody's phones

Exactly. My wife does this for her business and its great. One of the office staff was worried recently though "What happens if Google servers fail?"

Well, if that happened the sky would fall and we would all be vapourised instantly, so its not realy an issue.

"What happens if Google servers fail?"

Well, if that happened the sky would fall and we would all be vapourised instantly, so its not realy an issue.

More possible is your office internet going down though.

I wonder how many floppies that'd be!

I have a dual Wan router with both Fixed IP ADSL and Fixed IP HSDPA+ 3.5G. Auto fall-over gives always on access to the internet including Remote Desktop. I personally think that any business where access to the internet is crucial, there should be a backup system constantly in place.

Anyway, getting back on topic for a bit. I use Google Apps for domain specific email and calendar hosting. It works really well. I also sync this down to Outlook using Google Calendar Sync meaning I have access when/if I'm stranded offline for any period of time.

Josh

According to my beer coaster maths 3.472 Trillion floppy disks will hold the internet.

Based on http://www.wisegeek.com/how-big-is-the-internet.htm The most recent article on the subject I could find, stating 5 trillion megabytes, divided by 1.44.

...although not at all accurate, that's still mind boggling. In less than 20 years I reckon we've managed to create more writing than the entire rest of time put together...

On Topic, I too use Google Calendar. Syncs nicely with my phone, I can publish my availability easily, and it's easy to collaborate.

Archived