corporate stings/walk on music

haymere

Hi There

Starting to do more conferences, can people recommend their favourite stings and walk on music

Tracks need to have strong starts, be up to date and be acceptable to all age groups

Thanks

Mark

Depends on the clients requirements and event theme, surely? I've got literally thousands that I've made over the years (edited into loops, cut out dull intros etc), all put into suitable folders - 60's, dramatic classical, pop, rock and so on.

It can be useful to find instrumental versions of tracks as well, so you don't get vocals clashing with presenters talking as people come up onto stage etc

With a little skill in an editing

Package, you can make most things work. Obviously there's the true classics you can only imagin the writer Had this use in mind for but most things will work, you can even get 3-4 different stabs out of the same song if your lucky.

Last fm is good for descovering the less known acts, based upon a more known act you type in. It's useful for finding good tracks that people havent heard before.

P.s a personal favourite of mine is a instrumental version of keep me in mind by the bamboos

Irene cara - just the intro from fame

In the Stone - Earth Wind and Fire - again, just the intro

Fanfare for the common man - ELP, just after the fanfare

The Time Machine - Alan Parsons, after the guitar intro.

Archived