South Pacific - 'shrunken' head !

Wombat59

There is a good selection of shrunken heads in the Pitt-Rivers Museum in Oxford. Don't suppose they would lend you one, but they might have illustrations you can use to make your own. (by which I mean a fake one - I'm not suggesting you learn to shrink heads, however much they may have p****ed you off!). It's probably sculpt a head out of clay, then cast a mould to make something lighter and more robust.

Guest lightnix

An old dolls head might be a good starting point. You could sand it lightly and build up, then sculpt suitably gruesome features over it using Milliput two part epoxy putty. Marvellous stuff - available from any half decent model shop. Gradually hardens over a couple of hours and is water soluble while soft (about 15-30 mins) :D

There's also potential for a little wicked humour there, like making it resemble the director :P

On the other hand, if you do want to do it for real, here's how :o Maybe a tad gruesome (and you'll probably need a good solicitor to hand, should you decide to run with this one), but there are some useful tips there on how to make it look realistic.

Another way (formally my cheep and easy way until I thought about it) a small balloon covered in paper mache then to add the shrunken effect add on air dry clay and paint.

or thiswhich might be a worth while thing to sell on to a props place.

then again there is this or does it push the realms of decency.

Archived