Slim fit 3.5mm jack plug

soundspider

Hi,

Any ideas where to get slim fit 3.5mm jack plugs? Have some TOA beltpacks that have like a lock-down jack bit that sticks up the top and doesn't let standard 3.5mm jacks like they have on the CPC headset mics into them, so was looking to reterminate them with something that will fit! I could butcher some standard plastic ones, but doesn't look great...

Any ideas would be great, cheers,

Alan

Presuming I have understood the point in question...if you mean by, "lock down", a captive, threaded lock nut/knurled ring on the 3.5mm jack plug, then it may be worth considering a plain jack plug. (Google is your friend...as always...well, nearly always...might even flag up Maplin...)

We found at our venue that any of the locked plugs (mini XLR say) could be a problem in that the plug stayed in the socket...but the lead parted company with the plug. Not abuse as such...it just happened.

Better to just (re)plug the lead back into the socket than have to sort out the (re)terminating thing.

Presuming I have understood the point in question...if you mean by, "lock down", a captive, threaded lock nut/knurled ring on the 3.5mm jack plug, then it may be worth considering a plain jack plug. (Google is your friend...as always...well, nearly always...might even flag up Maplin...)

Not quite - the jack on the lapel mic is a slim fit one that goes inside the input connector. On the input connector there is a threaded bit that sticks up above the level of the beltpack itself, then there is a kind of a domed threaded bit that slides down the wire of the lapel over this protruding threaded bit and screws onto that. There is no threaded bit on the jack itself as such, like on the Sennheiser lapels. Does that make any sense? I need a plug that will go inside the protruding threaded bit and down into the connector - something like the ends on this http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg03683/3-5mm-jack-lead-slim-1m/dp/AV21792?in_merch=New%20Products without the lead!

Where can you get the Neutrik budget ones? Canford?

Cheers,

Alan

Archived