ETC Element: Cut or Quickstep?

Bryson

Hi all,

Just trying to get to grips with our new Element. Is there an equivalent to "Cut" on a Strand console, or Quickstep on the Express that's easier than "goto cue next time 0"?

No hard Macro keys means that a macro will be just as many keystrokes. I just want to quickly look at every state in the show.

I *think* that if you hold down Timing Disable and press the load button for the relevant cuelist, it toggles timing disable for that cuelist. Not 100% sure, though, and not near a console to try it out at the moment ...

Ok, will try that today. I found yesterday that I could just press the softkey with my little finger and tab through cues with my thumb, but I'm in serious danger of dislocating something. :)

<assumes not addressing someone who actually has only one hand>

Have to say, I did wonder what it is you do with the other hand. Plenty of grown up (and not so grown up) desks use two handed button press operations, making programming a multi hand experience with or without touchscreens. Not to mention top left interface, followed by bottom right shenanigans. I have regularly used my nose to patch the upper fader bank on the old Pearls, which I grant is a bit extreme. Pearl users will know what I mean.

Do the Strand/Eos keypad brigade have their other arm constantly wrapped around a theatre groupie? I think we should be told

;-)

</end of possible foot @ mouth > Enter situation>

Nah, I have two hands. I will often tab through cues with my left hand and write notes with my right, though...

I understand that certain function might require 2 hands, but holding a key for an extended period is always going to be uncomfortable.

It would be nice if there was a shortcut. Shift+Go, perhaps? They're pretty close together...

I will often tab through cues with my left hand and write notes with my right, though...

The first person to suggest that I advocate the tasking of note taking to the groupie, I say:

Where do you I know you from? Ahem.....

Archived