Unique 2 Hazer

stevieboi

Hi All,

I'm working on a show with a Unique 2 Hazer.

During rehearsals today it has started spitting out fluid onto the stage floor as well as producing haze.

The haze produced also does not smell normal - more of a burning / hot smell.

I've given it a bit of a clean before carrying on tonight and am going to leave it without the foam in the side for a while to see what happens.

No error codes on the display and everything looks normal inside.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephen.

In my experience, yes.

This may result in it falsely reporting a pump fault (E-1). If this happens quickly disconnect/reconnect power to reset and continue flushing with water until it can pump continuously at full.

It's also possible for the thermal trip to go in these situations. If it stops pumping but there is no error code then usually it is the trip (small button immediately next to the vapouriser coil fluid connection). Reset and keep trying. Hopefully it will clear.

And for future reference, make sure everyone knows how to power it down properly so that it runs the cool down and cleaning cycle. Too many people just kill the power without doing this, and then wonder why it gets gunked up. :rolleyes:

Also check that the right fluid is being used - there is a reason why manufacturers recommend their own fluids!!

(And that's not JUST because they want more money out of you!!)

And for future reference, make sure everyone knows how to power it down properly so that it runs the cool down and cleaning cycle. Too many people just kill the power without doing this, and then wonder why it gets gunked up. :rolleyes:

While it is obviously good practice to shut down correctly unfortunately this does not make them immune and the problem can still occur with time.

Archived