Ancient PA equipment

revbobuk

Folks - I'm doing a refurb of a 1980's church PA system. And I came across a couple of bits of kit I'd love to have some more information about. The 100V 4-input mixer/amp is an RCF AM7060, and the mixer is a '3rd Generation' G6.2 device. Both appear to be working perfectly, but before I disturb them too much I'd love some more info. Anyone got manuals, schematics etc? Google doesn't have anything useful - there may be a hand-drawn amp schematic, but I'm not about to go through the membership process for that site - £25 and a list of what documents I have to share!

If anyone is interested, pictures are here: Clicky

Had 2 of the 3G mixers ( a 6.2 & a 10.2 built into a flightcase) about 20 years ago. My 1st proper mixer after my tandy one, blurgh. They were pre that model as they re-raunched themselves in the late 80's/Early 90's which is where the model in your install comes from. Sold both on ebay many years ago. I may have some old brochures I can scan for you in my archive, if you would like!

Proberbly not much help but I've just found some close up photographs of the RCF amplifier here. There's no indication what the amp's output is rated at.

If I remember correctly, 3rd Generation mixers were quiet decent units. They were distributed by HW International at one time. I know a local church where I live had a 12 channel rack mounted version of the one that you have in your photograph at one time.

David

Bob,

I have a feeling that BK Electronics were behind the 3rd Generation gear. If you would like a matching 3rd generation amplifier (circa 1985) there's one propping up the paint tins in my garage...!

Simon

Oh - the Ampetronic ILD9 will work ever and ever...

Have just fired off an email to see if BK electronics have any knowledge of the 3G mixers. But please - I have enough junk of my own! (including a wonderful valve amp which I'm half way through refurbishing...)

Thanks for all the help so far.

Bob

Had 2 of the 3G mixers ( a 6.2 & a 10.2 built into a flightcase) about 20 years ago. My 1st proper mixer after my tandy one, blurgh. They were pre that model as they re-raunched themselves in the late 80's/Early 90's which is where the model in your install comes from. Sold both on ebay many years ago. I may have some old brochures I can scan for you in my archive, if you would like!

Yes please, if you can find them!

Bob,

I have a feeling that BK Electronics were behind the 3rd Generation gear. If you would like a matching 3rd generation amplifier (circa 1985) there's one propping up the paint tins in my garage...!

Simon

Oh - the Ampetronic ILD9 will work ever and ever...

Turns out that BK Electronics didn't have anything to do with them, but the factory was just down the road. 3G were the brainchild of Ron Bailey, a musician, who played in the band Granny (no, never heard of them!) and who seems to still be in the business, running Creative Sound & Light in Southend. He was also responsible for Roost Amplification with Brian Roost - see here for details. Fascinating - but still no nearer a schematic!

Archived