LED video wall/screens in Stage Shows

Is this a homework question off the back of your other topic: http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=51873 ?

If so, the day/night before it's due is a bit late to be working on it, don't you think?

Doesn't the Ben Elton (?) version of WWRY use a huge LED screen?

Do some reading - www.lsionline.co.uk/ and maybe http://www.ledsmagazine.com/

As with all homework questions, when you've got your thoughts, post them up and we'll tell you what we think

David

Is this a homework question off the back of your other topic: http://www.blue-room...showtopic=51873 ?

If so, the day/night before it's due is a bit late to be working on it, don't you think?

Doesn't the Ben Elton (?) version of WWRY use a huge LED screen?

Do some reading - www.lsionline.co.uk/ and maybe http://www.ledsmagazine.com/

As with all homework questions, when you've got your thoughts, post them up and we'll tell you what we think

David

Aleast it's still fresh in the mind, plus you don't know my work load from uni, nor what my homelife is like. I don't just come on here asking questions expecting other people to do my work. I have looked and I already have WWRY in the presentation I am looking for more examples, but can't find any I was hoping for a professional to answer my question but thanks for link seen some stuff on it already.

Could you perhaps tell us what you've already found to save us repeating ourselves?

I believe Wizard of Oz in the West End uses a lot of LED Video Technology in it.

Josh

There was an article in the April 2011 edition of LSI. Might still be viewable online. :)

Can anyone tell me if they know of any stage shows in UK or America that use LED video wall/screens

Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary show at the Albert Hall did; I haven't caught up with the UK tour yet to see what they changed when they took it out on the road.

and of course Ghost - the entire set is a moving LED screen.

With my moderator hat on, there really was no need to post

Aleast it's still fresh in the mind, plus you don't know my work load from uni, nor what my homelife is like. I don't just come on here asking questions expecting other people to do my work. I have looked and I already have WWRY in the presentation I am looking for more examples, but can't find any I was hoping for a professional to answer my question but thanks for link seen some stuff on it already.

You did come on here expecting people to do your work - which is exactly what we have done for you, when as a university student, part of your Degree is knowing how to carry out research. If you want a professional to answer your questions, then it's polite to explain what you need to know, what you already know and generally come clean.

You posted in the Next Gen section - reserved for beginners to what we do. You could be a uni student, or doing your GCSEs. How are we to know?

This is really basic stuff and frankly the internet is full of the information.

Your question was also badly phrased.

Can anyone tell me if they know of any stage shows in UK or America that use LED video wall/screens
|The use of a simple closed question like this also adds to our impression we're talking GCSE - because the answer could have been just 'Yes'.

If you want help from professionals, a well structured question will bring back tons of data - and frankly, whining about being treated badly shows a lack of understanding of our forum.

Students get a bad deal, because they continually do exactly what happened here. They seem to forget we're not a social networking site, so need people to be nice to get results.

Our forum really welcomes new members who take the time to read the forum first, to get a feel for how things are. Sometimes people just don't understand forum etiquette before jumping in.

The search function is a bit quirky and often doesn't reveal interesting posts because the default search period is set individually per forum area by the reader - so if you experiment with increasing search periods, you'll find loads of material on the forum.Often, a Google search brings back more info from the BR than a real BR search does, which is wierd.

Good luck with your research.

Paul

I'm currently touring LD in the USA on a show designed by Mark Cunniffe. Our entire set is Medium Resolution LED.

Internet access is intermittent, but if you had any specific questions then you would be more than welcome to ask them.

Cheers

Smiffy

E2A - If you are in Oldham, then you are not a million miles from HSL, a helpful (if exceedingly busy) bunch of people. I'm sure that with the right email, to the right person, they would help you out if they can

Archived