Anyone know anything about these?

lampystig

Hi All,

I hope someone can give me some info on these. Just want a bit of history about them

I have been told that they were on a pink floyd tour.

There a 4 chan Neon thing.

There is 6 of these bits and 5 smaller ones that going inbetween the bigger sections.

http://www.earsmedia.co.uk/userimage.jpg

link to original image

Cheers

Moderation:

Many members reported the image was too big and ended up being resized - sometimes sideways, so I've fixed that, and left a link to the original big file in case anyone needs it. Paul mods

I've no idea what they are or where they came from, but my lounge now seems empty without one.... :)

I'd put one in my hallway rather than the lounge I think ; )

Is there any identifying marks on them, even some that might indicate when they were made which might make them easier to place... Or maybe there's some big Floyd fan who'll recognise them immediately ... they do look fantastic though.

The original touring Return to the Forbidden Planet had something like these, I think?

Not that I remember (I worked on that show a few times), though if it had they would have fitted in well. ;)

teeny tiny point of order, the actual real first touring production of Return to the Forbidden Planet was the one that toured London parks in a tent in 1983. These were certainly not on that tour!!! :P I was work experience student on that one (or as we called it, "on secondment" - sounds a bit grander)

the actual real first touring production of Return to the Forbidden Planet was the one that toured London parks in a tent in 1983

I didn't know that, sounds fantastic. :) Did you take any photos?

the actual real first touring production of Return to the Forbidden Planet was the one that toured London parks in a tent in 1983

Wasn't a 'senior' Blue Roomer on that original production...?

Might have been Mr Coker if memory serves...

No photos, I'm afraid, too busy learning things. Amongst the many valuable things I learnt: 1) tents can leak, and when they do it will be directly over the dimmers. 2) working outdoors can be very hard work. 3) never try to keep up with the tent crew when they are drinking their own body-volume in guiness in the lunch break.

I enjoyed it very much, it was nothing like anything else I'd done before. And yes, Mr Coker was the Chief Electrician for Bubble TC and designed the lighting.

There is no markings on them at all!

They have been named the awsomizers by the fineline guys.

I know they have been sat in the corner of the warehouse for atleast 10 years now.

I think the fineline guys need to put them in the corners of their warehouse and have them lit during working hours for a touch of class.

Archived